1. Out of bounds (Rule 27)
- Outside the boundaries of the course.
- Outside a line of white stakes.
- Resevoir to the left of the 12th and 15th holes.
- In or over cutting at 9th and 13th holes.
- On or over the entrance road or car park.
- Clubhouse enclosure and practice putting greens.
2. Water hazards (Rule 26)
- The ditch and pond to the right of the 15th green.
- The ponds on the left of the 16th hole.
3. Lateral water hazards (Rule 26)
- The sea and seashore to the right of the 2nd, 14th and 17th holes.
4. Ground under repair (Rule 25)
- Play is prohibited from an area marked ground under repair (GUR).
5. Obstructions (Rule 24)
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions.
- Shelters, seats, watering points, outlet covers, sprinkler heads, the fence on the right of 14th hole, the surface and edges of gravelled paths are movable obstructions.
6. Putting green sprinkler heads
- If such an obstruction on or within two club-lengths of the putting green of the hole being played intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole, the player may obtain relief, without penalty as follows:
- If the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and is within two club-lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point to where the ball lay which is:
(a) not nearer the hole,
(b) avoids such intervention, and
(c) is not in a hazard or on a putting green.
The Island Golf Club Corballis, Donabate,Co Dublin Tel: +3531 8436 205 Fax: +3531 8436 860 Email: email@example.com